October 22, 2009
I foolishly tried to start-up a diet today. I wish I could credit the lethargic attitude to too many carbs and too much traveling. But deep down I know the cause of my recent decline in energy- too much beer. That’s certainly something I’m not willing to give up. That’s not part of my Midwest up-brining. And I want to make my parents proud.
I wasn’t asking for anyhitng too drastic. Less carbs. Watch the sweets. More fruit- grapefruit, oranges, bananas, coconuts, and avocados are all in season. Then I discovered what’s my true downfall- the West African custom of always offering your guests food. And as a guest, always accepting. I was offered two meals today. And I really didn’t want to say no. I like fufu. You gotta love a food so easy to eat you don’t even need to chew. And the cultural exchange that comes with eating with people is technically 2/3 of my job. So it’s on to plan B- contracting giardia and/or amoebas again.
Friday, October 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment