Monday, June 16, 2008

After an exhausting graduation weekend and the stress of leaving Washington in two days, that little mystery that has been hanging over my head for months has been solved!

I'm leaving for Togo on September 17th!


and in the grand scheme of things:


My summer of research is just beginning, but this is what Max has told me so far:
Yam based dishes!
Exotic beaches!
Coffee Country!
Ruined Chateaus!
Voodoo!
Butterflies!
Monkeys in the North!

And the first thing I made sure of is that it isn't a dry country. So everything looks awesome right now! I'll be in a French-speaking country, so after studying it for 8 years, I'll finally be able to use it! I'll be working under their environmental awareness/education program.
I'll be updating periodically over the summer. Here is some additional information on Togo:
http://www.peacecorpswiki.org/Togo
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/to.html
http://www.peacecorpsjournals.com/to.html

cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Nic! How fun. Can't wait to read all about your adventures. Now to the real question...do they air Conan O'Brien in Togo?