So I've packed up my life for the next two years. Two very big, heavy bags. Here's everything that they hold:
Cornice 6.0 Jansport Backpack (A thousand thank yous to Elizabeth and Nick for the backpack!)
Eddie Bauer 27’ Rolling Gear Bag
Clothes
2 Dresses
3 Skirts 2 knee length/1 ankle length
2 pairs dress capris
2 pairs lightweight capris
5 nicer tops
3 tanks
24 pairs of underwear (My Mom treated me to 5 pairs of Exofficio, the quick drying wicking underwear, great for traveling! The rest are boring cotton)
2 cotton bras
6 bras, 3 with underwire, 3 without
riding shorts
lightweight sleeping pants
White Sox hat
Rain Jacket
Sarong
Running shorts
Bathing suit
Hoodie sweatshirt
2 pairs of Chacos, 1 flip-flop style and the other is the hiking style
“Business Casual” Brown Sandals
Running Shoes
Electronics
Solio Solar Charger (It’s hot pink!)
150 Watt DC-to-AC Power Inverter
Ni-MH Battery Charger, 8 AA, 8AAA rechargeable batteries. All purchased at Radio Shack
US-Europe Power Converter
Ipod, ipod charger
Petzl Tikka Plus Headlamp
Travel speakers (Last Christmas gave Megan graciously gave them to “The Children of Africa”)
Laptop, ibook g4 (Before I left I also ordered a new battery for it).
Laptop cooling fan
eGear crank radio/flashlight
2GB USB Thumb Drive
Toiletries
4 sticks of deodorant
2 Burt’s Bees Shampoo Bars
Burt’s Bees Complexion Soap
Burt’s Bees Body Bar 2-pack
Burt’s Bees Bug Bite Relief
Hand Sanitizer
Loofah
Disposable razors
Dive Cup, feminine hygiene product (If you’re willing, I’ll let you know how I like it)
2 sticks of mascara, bronzer, eyeliner (I plan on saving the world looking wide-eyed and sunkissed.)
tabletop mirror
comb
4 tubes of toothpaste
nail clippers, file, pumice stone
2 tubes of Burt’s Bees Lifeguard’s Choice Lip Balm, it has the highest SPF I could find.
2 year supply of disposal contacts and solution
Costco-sized bottle of aspirin
Pepto Tablets
Sleeping Pills
Other
Packets of seeds
Inflatable rubber ball
3 journals
note cards for pretty letters home
Photo Album to give as a gift
Lots of other photos to give out (Chicago, Mountains, etc.) I also stocked a lot of pictures on my ipod to show people.
Calendar I made at Shutterfly.com
World Map
First Aid Kit
Money Belt
US Passport
Harmonica
Duct tape
Leather gloves
Pruning shears
3 Frisbees to give away
2 soccer balls
mini stapler
tons of pens
expandable file folder
permanent marker, notebooks, tape, scissors
sewing kit
safety pins
bandanas, some for me, some to hand out
toothbrushes and toothpaste to hand out
DVDs
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia Seasons 1,2,3
Love Actually
Harispray
Books
The Princess Bride
The Poisonwood Bible
Lonely Planet West Africa
Me Talk Pretty One Day, David Sedaris
Some children’s French books I have
Kitchen
Italian, Garlic & Herb, and Taco seasonings
Costco-sized jar of Seasoning
Can opener
Ginger tea
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment